‘Enter & View’ Understanding Mental Health & Diversity
This is a newly developed training session designed to help ‘Enter & View’ volunteers understand what to expect and how to deal with difference in a Mental Health Care environment, whether they are Care homes or Mental Health Wards within an Acute (Hospital) Trust setting.
This training session has already been rolled out and received great feedback from participants from HealthWatch Barnet and HealthWatch Enfield.
The session will cover:
- Factors effecting mental health the symptoms and conditions.
- Expectations of the service user (“I” statements)
- Discrimination, Prejudice and Stereotyping- How it affects you and what you can do about it.
- Culture and difference- Knowing how we can offend with out realising
- Communication tips in different cultures
- Conducting a ‘Enter & View’ visit in a mental health care environment
The session can be made bespoke to meet any of your specific requirements.
Please Contact us to find out how we can make your volunteers confident and aware of their role and impact in Health Care.